Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Stickles Storage

I used to keep my stickles in a soup bowl on my desk, and since desk space is so precious, I had to find a better storage system. I have seen some expensive wooden box type storage systems, but again those take up too much space, and I could buy 15 more Stickles for that cost! I'm too cheap for that. hehe

So I hope this can help someone else save money and space.

Ahh Velcro. Such wonderful stuff! Especially when it's self adhesive. :)



I simply used the male side, cut it into strips and stuck it straight to the wall. You could adhere it so any surface really. I just wanted mine above the desk in a an easy to reach spot.



The best way to store Stickles is upside down.





I just cut strips from the female side, and stuck them on the bottles.

So there you have it! Super easy, I'm talking minutes, and cheap! Not to mention is makes me super happy to see all the colors lined up like that. What can I say, I'm a very visual person :)

My original idea was to actually do it magnetically. By hanging them under the edge of a shelf, and attaching little magnets to the bottom of the bottles, with a magnetic strip on the shelf. But I didn't have magnets, and I'm an instant gratification kinda person when I get an idea, so I searched for something I had on hand. Voila.

Hope this can help you too :)

11 comments:

Gaspegirl said...

What a great idea!

Julie Kelley said...

What a fabulous idea!!

Ronda Palazzari said...

A fabulous idea and I am green...look at all those sickles!

Tyggereye said...

Very cool. I'm adding you to my blog lines. Love your blog.

Igagnon76 said...

very cool idea Lulu! you *almost* have as many bottles of stickles as me! LOL! that's a great storage idea, i might just have to do something like this

Anabelle O'Malley said...

You are a genius!!! What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

You are my new idol. I am your new stalker. GENIUS!!!~Kate @ www.scrapdivalicious.blogspot.com

Nancy B said...

Cool idea. This would work in my small space.

Thanks for sharing your ideas with us!!!!

f said...

Thanks for sharing, i think i will try it!

polkadots said...

This totally helps me out! I'm so glad I found your blog. Got some great stuff on your blog... cards and non-cards related. =)

Kristi said...

OMG SUCH a fabulous idea for the stickles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...