Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A bit of Cosmo Love... :)

First off, uhm.. I didn't post yesterdays post. I thought I'd set it up with the auto timer, and I guess I forgot. So I'll save it for another day, it's just highlighting some of my favorite things right now.

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, Cosmo Cricket is once again having a DT call. I can hardly believe it's been a year! I remember so vividly seeing my name on the top 12 list last year and basically hyperventilating. I was SO excited, it was truly my first big toot, and I was on cloud nine. I did not make it to the final 6, but in the end It was truly a blessing I think. Julie was SO sweet and left me with some awesome praise about my work and photography. Why a blessing though? It made me reevaluate the kind of paper artist I was and what I wanted to be.

Around that time I made the well, I don't want to say "switch", because I do still scrapbook, but my focus is now mostly on cards. And it was with the gained confidence of that, and the prompting of a friend months later that led me to start submitting my cards. In the past nine months I think I've had 30 cards accepted for publication and one mini album. Which for me, is truly amazing, and something I never though I'd see. I am so very blessed and thankful.

So once again I am throwing my hat into the ring and hoping for the best, or the worst. Because the worst case scenario is I get to grow a little and have a wonderful excuse to eat some more movie theater popcorn, which is my comfort food of choice. Although I do hope the growing would happen with my art, and not waistline ;)
(Speaking of movies...Harry Potter 6 soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!)

LOL, ok sorry! On to some cards!






(Manila tags before I inked them up for the card)

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Chipboard: Cosmo Cricket
Rub-ons: Cosmo Cricket
Tag: Unknown
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink
Pen: Uniball Signo

Ink blending tool: Ranger




Supplies:

Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Chipboard: Cosmo Cricket (Lil' Man & Girl Friday)

Pen: Uniball Signo

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and taking a peek around :)

5 comments:

Mayjasper said...

Wow, so stunning. Your cards are amazing Lulu. I am so in awe.
Kind regards
Mayjasper

MelB said...

I am so glad you started submitting again, your cards deserve to be in print, each one of them. You are my fave card maker (but you knew that!).

Good luck with the Cosmo Call, I'm sitting this one out but I'll be cheering you on!!!

Sharie said...

I wish you the best with Cosmo Cricket - I think your cards are awesome, too!

Igagnon76 said...

Your cards are totally awesome Lulu! i love seeing them on your blog and in mags! good luck on the DT call!

The Sonboul's said...

WOOHOO! These are BEAUTIFUL! WOW Great job! They have to pick you! I'm voting for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...