Monday, November 30, 2009

Flower Series pt.1

So this is the first card in a little series I'm doing where I'm experimenting with making paper, ribbon, whatever, flowers. :)

Here is my little cast of Characters to assemble the flower.


Punch, or cut out lots of 2" squares. I'm using papers from the Early Bird Mini Deck by Cosmo Cricket.


Fold the square in half to make a triangle.


Fold that triangle in half.


Then fold one side back over onto itself.


Flip it over, and fold the other side back onto itself too. It will look like this now.


Now looking at the picture above, bend over one of the top points to the bottom middle, and staple it together with the Tiny Attacher.

Now it looks like this.


Bend the other peak over, and staple it down too.


Once both sides are stapled down, I just used my finger to gently press the petal open. Repeat till you have lots of little petals.


Then I cut out a small piece of scrap paper and covered it in glue dots. Next time I'd use a bigger piece than shown below for better stick, since some of the petals were a little loose.


The right side up. You can see I alternated 2 different patterns. Then you cover up the middle with a big button, chipboard, whatever :)


Side shot of the finished card.


And, the finished card:




Let me know what you think! I did this from memory of something I saw a while ago done in fabric... Wish I could remember where...

Anyhow, have a great one!!!
L

26 comments:

Amy Heller said...

EEEEEK!! I love it!! I will be giving this a try for sure!! Thanks for sharing!

Jenyfur said...

Love this!

Kathy said...

WOW awesome!

Scrapamum said...

Gorgeous! I love Early Bird!!!

Igagnon76 said...

WOW!!! that is awesome! thanks for sharing the technique!

papertrails leaver said...

this is the coolect flower tut! TFS! I am going to try it out!

Giselle said...

I love it..!!!

Jane said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Nenne said...

Lovely Lulu! I have to take a try on that one!

Haven't been here for a while and I've missed it!! You inspire me as always :D

moi said...

Great flower, thanks for tutorial.
Hugs, moi

Mayjasper said...

Hi Lulu
That flower is magnificent. I thought these cards with folded papers to create tea bag effects might be of interest to you. Your work just reminded me about these Lili of the Valley designs.
Regards
Mayjasper

peggy lacktorin said...

THANKS SO MUCH....can't wait to try these!!

Christa said...

I absolutely love it! And it seems simple enough for this non-technique-y gal!

~dawne said...

LOVE this idea...will definitely try it..your card is beautiful.

lisa truesdell said...

so pretty!

Keshet said...

Love it, Lulu!

Karen said...

sooo cute I can't wait to try it! Great way to use up some smaller pieces of my Cosmo Cricket paper! (it seems to get used pretty quickly)

Charlene Austin said...

Oh my CUTENESS!!!

I would love to get my hands on one of those tiny staplers but can't find one locally in Calgary. Did you by chance by it online? Would you have a link?

Ngan R. said...

Oh my goodness this is SOOOOO beautiful! I am making it right away!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

As I watched your tutorial unfold (or fold, rather!) I thought - no way! But honestly - your flower and card are just awesome and it is definitely worth the effort!!!! I've saved a link to your tutorial so I can try this when I've got more than 5 minutes (LOL) Thank you SO much for taking time to post details.

liz mataraza said...

holy cow! that is awesome! lots of folding :)

love that little winter birdie too!

hey, i set up that blog:
eatcleanideas.blogspot.com

LollyChops said...

WOW! I am totally floored by this project! There is a book I recently purchased called Kanzashi in Bloom! This is the exact same method and I never in a million years thought to do this in paper! You are a genius!

Carol_Volk said...

Love the flower -- very cool!

Kim Duran said...

I wanted to let you know that I was inspired by this tutorial. I made a card using your tutorial and posted it on my blog with a linkback to yours. Thanks for sharing this! I love how it turned out!

Martha galvez said...

I love it! your step by step photos and instructions, were great! Thank you so much for sharing.
http://pattisscrapingtime.blogspot.com

Renee V said...

I love it!!! I even like it without the center! Thanks for the tutorial, saw it on Scrapbook.com, knew I had to find your blog and hoped you'd have a tut... So went to CC's page, found you and your blog and voila, it was there! I've been a fan for a while, now I'm a follower on your blog too! Thanks Laura!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...