Monday, October 11, 2010

My boys....

I don't think I could ever properly express the joy I receive on a daily basis of being a mom of boys. Never in a MILLION years did I imagine I'd be a mother to 3boys. Not for one moment. I am SO incredibly blessed.. :)

This is my oldest and I last month labour day weekend. He has a hard time looking at the camera on command.. truly it is like pulling teeth. Especially when there are so many other exciting things to look at in the world.

Next is me and #2 on his very first day of preschool. He looked so darn adorable, and amazed me with how well he did. He cleaned up his messes, listened to his teachers, and at one point I over heard him telling some other boys how to "share". It melted my heart into a million pieces. Although last week he came home and I asked him who he played with, and this was his response.
"Only boys mom, not girls, girls are NASTY!!!"
When I asked him why girls are nasty he told me that they "Cried, hit, and threw toys". In which case I can't really blame him for thinking such things of girls.. lol. We are working on it. ;)

And yeah... pregnancy weight is just piling up on my face, and I'm trying to accept it, but ugh.. it's hard to look at pictures of myself right now.


And lastly boy #3, as taken with a camera held above my head pointing down and hoping to get a decent shot. I NEED a wide angle lens... ;)
This is my midwife checkout out babes heart beat.


And here's the proof btw...
Nope, we aren't shy. ;)

So, I spend my days listening to conversations about who has the biggest poops in the world, (For the record they have decided it must be a dinosaur...hehe) Super hero's, garbage trucks, tools, bugs, you name it. And I LOVE it.

I actually had someone say they were "sorry" when I told them it was a 3rd boy. I was baffled, and kind of hurt. Not for one moment since I found out have I wished this baby be anything other that the gorgeous boy I know he will be. I'm honestly not sure what I'd DO with a girl at this point... And if God were to bless me with a 4th, I'd hope for another boy too. And when I say "bless" I do mean bless because if DH has his way he will be getting snipped very soon. Very mixed feelings about that, but that's a whole 'nother post.

Hope I haven't bored you with this not scrappy post, but it's better than no posts I hope :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You look beautiful! I am also blessed to have two boys (and it will only be two boys :) ) and I have never wished I had a girl. People ask me if we'll try again so we can have a girl, and I always tell them NO! I definitely don't know how I'd handle a girl!! When I made some hairpins for a girly girl preschool friend of my oldest recently it only kinda made me wish I had a girl, but really, I enjoy having two boys who can play together. I so enjoy watching my husband playing with them too!

Michelle said...

You have adorable boys!!! I have a little boy, after raising two girls. My kids are 22, 12 and 3. I had/have all kinds of girl things..clothes and everything. Which secretly I was wishing for another before Ben was born. I had no idea what to do with a little boy. I had to listen to alot of dumb comments, about how now I will know what it is like to have a close relationship with my child because mom's can't be close to her girls only boys. Another was boys are calmer and sweeter than girls. My 12 daughter is the most mellow and quietest child I have ever seen. I was hurt and frustrated with all the dumb comments. While I miss playing with my girls and the tea parties and dolls, I love my little boy beyond measure(just as much as my girls). We talks about dinosaur poops too!! LOL He is far from quiet. But he is sweet and cuddly and full of life and energy! I am so happy and excited for you. Just ignore all the dumb things people say. What do they know anyway.

Hollie Shepard said...

Loved reading your post today! I am having my second born around the same time as your due. Anyway my two sister in laws and my sister just had girls so I have to admit I was a little jealous thinking maybe my little boy won't be fawned over as much. I loved being reminded of all the awesome things little boys do, thanks for the stories!

Keshet said...

Such exciting news Lulu! Thanks for sharing, and CONGRATS!! There really is something special about sweet little boys:)

Geny said...

Your boys are beautiful and so are you! Congrats on the third boy...I have two and they light up my life every day!!

Virginia said...

i loved reading about your love for your boys - as we get ready to welcome our boy i am so noticing the special place that little guys have in their momma's hearts. i think a lot of times women yearn for a girl b/c they are a girl themselves so it feels more familiar but to me the thought of raising a boy into a good strong man is so powerful and special.

Anonymous said...

I too have 3 boys the youngest just turning one. After I had him someone told me that there is a special place in heaven for mothers of three boys. So welcome to the club and it truly is awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...