Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday 2S4U Card :)

Hey guys! Happy Monday! :)

Lets get to it! Here is my take on this weeks sketch!

I want to add that the card fold was totally inspired by JustG's card.





This week's sponsor is once again the awesome Scor-It!!! :)

So here is a little tutorial on how I utilized the scoring board for making my card.

When you make a basic score you always want to place the FRONT side of your card DOWN. This means the raised side of the score is on the inside. It makes such a beautiful card edge. Nothing worse than seeing the cardstock go all flaky by just pressing down with your hand. You know what I mean, right? :) I have totally seen the light when it comes to scoring my cards.



In the picture above I centered my cardstock strip using the handy ruler at the top of the Scor-it. Then you place the end of the wooden score tool in the top notch, and simply pull and press it down. You don't need to press hard to make a perfect score.



The next step for my card is simply flipping over the card, so the front it UP, and shifting the score I already made one inch to the left. I also added my patterned paper to the front of the card before hand to make sure I had everything exactly where I wanted it.



The card will now look like this:



Next I added three brads to close up that inch space and make the card open more like a book.




And that's it! Super easy, and so cute :)

Another fun thing I did with my Scor-It was to spice up a stamped image. Here is a picture of the stamped image before, as well as after. To do this I just placed the image face side UP and scored over the stamped lines.



Thanks so much for stopping in today, I hope you liked my little tutorial, and truly if you don't have one already a Scor-it is a great investment! Love mine! :)

Have a great day!

16 comments:

~dawne said...

I love how you used your Score-It Lulu. This card has such fun colors & I love that butterfly.

Unknown said...

Super super cute!!! Hugs
K

Sandra1968 said...

What a lovely card with "happy" colors and I love the cute little butterfly :-)

Julie Campbell said...

Oooh! I've never tried a card like this before! Thanks SO much for the tutorial! Your card is adorable!!

Kim said...

love that cool fold, and I love how you scored the lines in the stamped image! what a great idea!

Kate said...

CUTE card

roree said...

Beautiful card! Love all of the other inspiration on your blog too. :) Have a great day!

Ewonne said...

You did a marvellous job with the scor-it and the tut is great!

Anonymous said...

cool! love the embossed lines!

SmilynStef said...

Love how your little butterfly is fluttering across the card ... cool effect with the scored lines on the notebook paper stamp too.

Unknown said...

what a sweet sweet card!

Julie said...

very cute. i am thinkingof getting me a scoreing mat of some sort. I've not heard of the score-it before. Is it much difference from the score-pal.

Savitri said...

Your card is adorable. Love how you design it and using the Scor-It. The tutorial is very clear. Awesome!!

Sherry Wright said...

Loe this, so fun!

Anonymous said...

Lulu, I love your posting today. Love your blog! I'm a member of the Ispiration Blog. Could I mention you and your work posted for my post this weekend. I'll give you credit for your work and just that I found your work very inspiring? I'll wait to hear from you! Julie Jacobs

Created With Paper said...

Love your work with the sketch this week, just fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...