I am NOT an "everyday" blogger... :P In fact trying to do that became a total stress, and I just gave up. I think I need to set more realistic goals, like simply "more often"... ;)
Anyhow, I haven't done anything crafty in a good week, so I made this little box up last night as I caught up on some shows.
Here is what she looks like before.... :
Photo Box: Cosmo Cricket
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket (Jolly by Golly)
Chipboard: Cosmo Cricket (Jolly by Golly)
Stickers: Cosmo Cricket (Jolly by Golly)
Ribbon: Cosmo Cricket (Jolly by Golly)
Ink: Distress Ink (Broken China)
Opaque white Pen: Ranger
1. Measure all the sides of the box and lid, excluding the front where you just want two strips for above and below the window, and cut out pieces of pattern paper to fit. Then ink the edges blue before adhering to the box.
2. Cut out a square of transparency, and glue all four edges, before slipping it into the box and adhering it to the inside front so no candy can get out the window.
3. Add snowman border stickers above and below the window cut out.
4. Draw white ticking marks directly on the blackboard around the window to make it stand out.
5. Wrap a green ribbon around the middle of the box, and tie a bow in the front. Punch two holes into a chipboard snowflake to make a button, and tie the button with hemp cord before attaching it to the middle of the bow.
6. Lastly cut out the woman in red from the Jolly by Golly elements sheet, and glue her to the front of the box, along with the "For you" sign that's below her, which gets attached to the box lid.
And then you are done! I think this would make a super cute and easy Christmas gift for your child's teacher, babysitter, whom ever! Just fill it with some candy, and your good :)
Hope you are having a great day!