Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Boyfriend..

Is one of Cosmo Crickets new lines. and I am just in love with it!!! I though I'd share a card I made with it this morning :)



A side shot....

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket (The Boyfriend)
Chipboard: Cosmo Cricket (The Boyfriend)
Rub-ons: Cosmo Cricket (The Boyfriend)
Ribbon: Cosmo Cricket (The Boyfriend)

The How to:

1. Create a card base from a the Kraft cardstock
2. Stitch on a piece of Striped Pattern Paper
3. Cut out little strips of Ledger Pattern Paper, and sew them on to the card vertically. I tend to crank up the speed on my machine when I'm doing lots of sewing like this. I don't worry so much if everything is straight, or my corners are perfect. It's just not worth the worry, and It's kinda fun to zoom along.



4. Next cut out a label from the Elements sheet, and rub the sentiment on to the paper label. Attach it to the bottom of the card using pop-dots.
5. Add the chipboard bottle, and tack to the card, and sneak pop dots under the parts that hang off the label so they are level.
5. Lastly cut out two small pieces of ribbon and loop over the side of the card, half under the chipboard bottle, and the other half adhered to the inside of the card.

* I often cover up the inner half of the card with coordinating cardstock to hide my stitching, brad, or ribbon ends. I suppose you could think ahead and make your card front and then attach it to the card base hiding the mess that way, but meh... That's just how I do it :)

Other than crafting, my days are spent watching two silly munchkins having fun doing stuff like this...



And this.. yep, jumping off the chairs into the pool... Ah well. you are only young once. Griff of course is in his birthday suit, and I didn't have th heart to argue with him... he's just 2 after all. ;)


Hope your summer is going well!!!

2 comments:

roree said...

Gorgeous card, and congrats on making the Cosmo Cricket DT! :)

Virginia said...

ok loooooooooooove this! so cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...